Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Feeling Blue

Hi friends! Hope your week is going well so far. We hosted a dinner party on Sunday for Mr. RSH's birthday and  I am still recovering from the food coma. It was a great evening with wonderful company and conversation. Did I mention Carrot Cake?!

I have been really drawn to rooms with blue and white color palettes lately. This is a bit odd because although I like the color blue, I am very particular about which ones. I have always preferred mid to dark toned blues such as Admiral Blue by Benjamin Moore or Warm Spring by Behr.

Now seeing how beautifully these designers executed the designs in these spaces, with various shades of blue - I'm converted. All shades of blue are welcome in my home!



In this space the blue is used almost as an accent in the space against a light and airy backdrop of white walls and light toned woods.



Adding a pop of color such as the yellow used in this room, keeps the space light and fresh. The yellow adds a bit of the unexpected amongst the blue.


 

By layering different shades of blue in a room, you achieve a very sophisticated look with minimal effort. Blue and wood tones together lend a very classic look to a space.


 
If you want to keep the room light as in this space you can achieve it by using lots of cream and white. Also installing beautiful garden doors with transoms wouldn't hurt either!
 
What color combos are you crushing on lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment