Saturday, February 4, 2012

Groundhog Day Adventure

Hi Friends! I hope you are having a grand weekend so far!

This week I took a couple of days off work to be with the family and basically do what I want to do, when I wanted to do it. Such as get groceries at 11 am instead of the evening, jog at 3 pm instead of 7 pm when it is dark. It's the simple things :)

On February 2 it was Groundhog Day, and as the legend says: if the ground hog sees his shadow we will have 6 more weeks of winter, if on the other hand he doesn't see his shadow we are set for an early spring. Believe me, I was hoping he wouldn't see his shadow :)

We took Abigail to see Shubenacadie Sam - the local groundhog. He didn't see his shadow which means an early spring. Yahoo! As I am typing this it is - 18 c with the windchill - spring cannot get here soon enough for me!





The natural resources park had some activities for the little ones such as face painting, balloon animals, hot cocoa, and free admission to the park that day. If you are in Nova Scotia and you can make it to the wildlife park it is well worth the visit. There is also a really nice trail through the wetlands at the park that we walked last summer and plan to again this spring when the park opens regular hours.

Abigail had lots of fun at the festivities and really enjoyed her doggy balloon animal. Many of the animals were out enjoying the crisp winter air such as the wolves, cougars, foxes and horses which made for lots of excitement.

I hope you have a great weekend! Go Pats!


No comments:

Post a Comment