Monday, January 30, 2012

Burlap Wreath

I am a fan of double duty decor. I enjoy having decor that works in my home year round and since I really enjoy making wreaths (feel free to check out my autumn wreath), and Valentines Day is coming up, I thought why not make a Valentines Day wreath?



Here are the steps:
  • Gather materials which include: wire, burlap, scissors, ribbon and pliers.


  • Cut lots of squares of burlap (I didn't cut my burlap perfectly because I knew I would trim the burlap after the wreath was finished.) 
  • Make a circular form with the wire (you could use a clothes hanger)
  • Thread the burlap onto the wire form (This takes some time - I watched Secretariat while doing this task - great movie!)
  • Twist the wire closed with pliers
  • Tie ribbon to finished wreath and hang
A cute and free wreath (I had the materials left over from other projects). I can update year round for our decor by removing the ribbon, adding embellishments or changing the ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment